Countless studies have concluded that the most productive and the happiest people in the world tend to be those who have found a way to strike a balance between their professional and personal lives. When these two are out of alignment, people can become stressed. Here, I will share some strategies for achieving the perfect work and life balance.
- Track your time: Doing this will help you keep track of how you’re spending your time and will help you keep on schedule. You should, therefore, keep a time log of everything you do for one week, including work-related and personal activities so that you can tweak it when you find yourself falling behind at any point.
- Determine your priorities: After you have audited your time using the above tip, you should be able to better determine which tasks are the most important. Use this knowledge to allocate your time and your efforts in the best way possible.
- Unplug from technology: Technology is a Godsend for many of us. It makes the world of information flow smoother and faster. However, sometimes technology can overwhelm us as we tether ourselves to devices that seem to run our lives. Take some time out to step away from your computer, laptop, email etc. After all, it will all still be there after your break.
- Schedule scrupulously: Be deliberate and thoughtful when planning ahead for each day’s tasks. You can do this by setting aside at least 10 to 20 minutes to lay out your goals so that your day will be carefully scheduled.
- Take care of your health: If you are in poor health both your home and work life will suffer. Therefore, you take care not to create too much stress for yourself. If you do begin to feel the pressure of trying to maintain this balance, you should consider seeing a health care provider or mental health professional.
- Don’t ignore your family relationships: The most important sources of strength in most people’s lives are family, friends and loved ones. These loved ones can actually help you achieve your goal of achieving a balance between work and home with their support.
If you are wondering how to balance work and life, I can help you with a private one on one consultation. The goal of which is to help you achieve balance in all things work and home-related so that you are happier, more efficient and more prosperous.